Blemished Berkey® Systems: Same Great Performance, Special Price!
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey® system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey® systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey® Purification Elements that have made Berkey® by NMCL the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey® systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects. However, the Black Berkey® Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey® systems.
*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer's warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium-sized families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 llbs empty
- Serves: 1-4 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
*Labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand.
Manufacturer’s warranty on this product only applies to the Black Berkey purification elements.
Posted by nancy moffett on
Wish I would have had this big berkey when I was raising my family.. its a GOD send.
I had to search for the blemish!
Posted by Unknown on
Very satisfied with this filtering system!
Love my Berkey
Posted by Andrew on
Ordered the big berkey and it came pretty much unblemished. Love the way my water tastes now and can’t live without it.
Posted by AS on
I absolutely love it. We had other water filters, but I was constantly refilling and wasn't convinced they were doing their job. This is quick to set up. Holds plenty for just me. Have to refill a bit more often with two kids home. ( I'd go up a size for three- but we drink a lot of water) Fresh taste. Only problem is now the kids each want one for their dorms!
Great Water Filter
Posted by Sarah on
This is a great water filter. Just bought a condo, and while I've had the city water at other places, the water coming from my sink tasted like pool water. With the Berkey, it's very clean and tastes great.
Posted by Unknown on
Feel confident that the water I drink is the best!
Posted by Mike Russell on
With so many products promising the moon it's nice to have one that delivers.I love the tast of water and after initial investment it will pay for itself.The other big plus is my wife and I drink more water,that's a good thing we're both nurses and know.