The compact Travel Berkey® System is the perfect system for traveling (fits comfortably in most carry on or larger suitcases), outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies.
- The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer's warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 1.5 gallons
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamberfor transport and stands only 12" in height
- Maximum fliters: 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 18"
- Diameter: 7.5"
- Weight: 6.13 lbs empty
- Serves: 1 to 3 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Travel Berkey® System can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to two Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
Manufacturer's warranty on this product only applies to the Black Berkey purification elements.
Works great, can't tell it's blemished
Posted by Jim M on
I can't tell it's blemished. I purchased this to use in my camper that I live in while working because of the local water and the "hose" taste. It filters quickly and takes out all the things in the water and removes the hose taste. I plan to purchase a larger one for the house where my family lives.
Posted by Unknown on
I love this. Our water was so full of chlorine that it smells like a swimming pool. I'm single and it's the perfect size for me.
As for the blemish, I haven't seen it and I know it hasn't hurt the function. I don't remember the actual savings. With shipping, which is pretty spendy, it was less than the pre-shipping price of an unblemished model.
Good deal all around.
Travel Berkey vs. Royal Berkey
Posted by Maria on
I have had the Royal Berkey for about 1 year now with 2 black filters and 2 PFC filters. I used it every day when our kitchen was being remodeled and we didn't have our Reverse Osmosis unit hooked up. The Royal Berkey was great for 2 people. I only had to fill it up every other day. I recently purchased the Travel Berkey to take across country with me and to use in hotel rooms since I don't drink bottled water. I also have the 2 black filters and 2 PFC Filters in my Travel Berkey. I was not expecting such a difference in the Royal vs. Travel with regards to time it takes to fill up bottom tank. The Travel Berkey takes about twice as long, probably due to the fact that the tanks are smaller and doesn't have as much of a drainage "push" since the volume of water is less. I have to fill my Travel Berkey twice a day for 2 people and I have to account for the extra time it takes to fill the bottom tank. I do like the smaller size of the Travel Berkey as it fits so much better on my kitchen counter next to the sink (for easy refill). No counter or floor stand needed. I just place the spout over the edge of the sink and put my water cup in the sink under the spout to fill. Works great. I keep my Royal Berkey in our guest bathroom shower. I know...weird. But, this is because I like having the extra back up water, and having it in the shower (that is not used) on a floor stand works great for quick filling from the hand held shower head...and I don't have to see it in my kitchen or elsewhere. It is hidden behind the shower curtain. :-)
Posted by Carol on
I believe I have paid for it in 3 weeks time with the savings of not buying bottled water and paying the CRV fees in California..PLUS I feel so good not contributing to the plastic waste!
Posted by Craig on
The ONLY thing I have slightly negative to say is that you can't fill the top once the bottom half is full. It will leak out at the seam.....kind of expected that tho. Works great, looks great, gives my family peace of mind.
my new Berky
Posted by Unknown on
After much reading about water purifiers we decided on a Berky.
I must say it has lived up to all the good said about it. Definitely quality construction was noticed at the first glance. The filtration is second to none, it really gets it all & most at 99+ r 100% on literally hundreds of impurities (yes hundreds) Berky did say filtration was a little slow but after 20 years of distilling water it was very fast for us. No electric or heat either. We feel our money was very wisely spent.