New Millennium Concepts, Ltd. manufactures and sells Berkey® water purification systems, accessories, and other products through a network of Authorized Berkey® Dealers worldwide. Find a Berkey® dealer →
*The Black Berkey Primer™ is made and assembled in the USA.
- A hand priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey® Purification Elements offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey® Purification Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere
- If you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey Primer™ makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- The Black Berkey Primer™ also purges(or back-flushes) the Black Berkey® Purification Elements using air instead of water to clean the pores of the compressed carbon filter wall. Purging the Black Berkey® Purification Elements cleans the pores of debris that has accumulated with use and reduces the time and effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them
- Specifically designed for use with the Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- May be cleaned with mild soap and warm water. Do not microwave the Black Berkey® Primer
- Store in a cool dry place and keep out of direct sunlight
Very easy filter priming compared to doing it with a water faucet
Posted by Secreto Investments Corporation on
Priming your filters before use is important so as to get out some of the fine particles left behind in the manufacturing process. But sometimes when using the included rubber faucet gasket and priming the filters with your sink faucet, you can get wet or spray water all over the kitchen if you have too much water pressure when priming! (My own personal experience!)
....But the Black Berkey Primer™ eliminates this hassle and makes thing go very smooth and easy and it gets the job done with the least amount of effort....Also if you are out in the wilderness with the Berkey Go Kit, it is absolutely essential you include Black Berkey Primer™ in your camping gear or Bug-out Bag Kit since you will not have access to an actual pressurizes water faucet!
Posted by Patrick Bulger on
Makes priming a breeze. Highly recommended.
Posted by Recargas Reynolds CR 62489 on
Priming Black Berkeys up til now has been a bit messy.
This new primer makes the initial process much easier
and less messy. It also serves as a purging tool for the few who shut down theoir Berkey filters. Good job Berkey!