*Big Berkey® System (2.25 gal)
New Millennium Concepts, Ltd. manufactures and sells Berkey® water purification systems, accessories, and other products through a network of Authorized Berkey® Dealers worldwide. Find a Berkey® dealer →
*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
Labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand
Showing reviews 1-10 of 16 | Next
Posted by Matthew on
I've seen some good reviews for this product and bad reviews for the company. We bought our Berkey from this website and our filters did not pass the red dye test. We emailed the company and they immediately sent new filters along with a return shipping label. The process was fast and easy. Perhaps they've changed something but I found their customer service to be great. I love our Berkey and I wouldn't buy anything else for my family. This is the best.
Posted by Ben Hatch on
We gave these as gifts for Christmas to our 5 children and they were all excited and very happy to receive a Big Berkey. We have had a Big Berkey for over 15 years and felt it was a great gift to give to our children. Now we all have healthy water no matter where we live.
So far so good!
Posted by Unknown on
I've only used my Berkey for a month, but it's worked great so far! It was easy to assemble and the water tastes great. Couldn't be more pleased.
Just in time for Hurricane season!
Posted by carolcoker@Gmail.com on
I bought this unit specifically for our winter Florida home. I am testing it now at our house by the lake areas. I used to smell fluoride and chloride in our tape water. Now it is a sweet mellow taste. The coffee is extremely better tasting. When electricity goes out, I will still have my water purification system!
Posted by The Orchard Health Store, Gainesville, TX on
The Big Berkey is the ideal size for a single person, couple or small family to place on their counter top.
Very pleased so far.
Posted by Rhonda on
I purchased this Big Berkey system because I'm concerned about all the contaminants allowed in municipal drinking water.With this system I'm confident I'm drinking the cleanest water possible.
LOVE BIG BERKEY
Posted by Mike Quam on
I use the Big Berkey for EVERYTHING from making my morning coffee, to cooking and filling water jugs for camping trips. Best tasting water anywhere
Posted by Lori on
I am extremely happy with all aspects of this product. It has become an essential part my family's daily life. The quality of the water is amazing and much better than any other filter I have ever used.
Posted by Deanna Loomis on
The only thing that I see that could be improved with the Berkeys is that the instructions seem very unclear. It might be worth having them redone in order that the purchaser is not left with a "what in the world?" kind of impression, which results in needing to look up on Youtube how to install it. Especially unclear seems to be the description on how to prime the filters.
Thank you for requesting my review!
NMCL Reply: Thank you so much for your suggestion. We're working on this!
Posted by Patrick Bulger on
Water tastes great!
No more drinking-water sitting in a plastic container post filter/leaching BPA/BPx.
Also, I'm now prepared with drinking/cooking water in the event of a hurricane (I live in S.Florida).
I feel better, have better peace of mind and I drink more water. Thanks Berkey!
Showing reviews 1-10 of 16 | Next