- The Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
Labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand
LOVE BIG BERKEY
Posted by Mike Quam on
I use the Big Berkey for EVERYTHING from making my morning coffee, to cooking and filling water jugs for camping trips. Best tasting water anywhere
Posted by Lori on
I am extremely happy with all aspects of this product. It has become an essential part my family's daily life. The quality of the water is amazing and much better than any other filter I have ever used.
Posted by Deanna Loomis on
The only thing that I see that could be improved with the Berkeys is that the instructions seem very unclear. It might be worth having them redone in order that the purchaser is not left with a "what in the world?" kind of impression, which results in needing to look up on Youtube how to install it. Especially unclear seems to be the description on how to prime the filters.
Thank you for requesting my review!
NMCL Reply: Thank you so much for your suggestion. We're working on this!
Posted by Patrick Bulger on
Water tastes great!
No more drinking-water sitting in a plastic container post filter/leaching BPA/BPx.
Also, I'm now prepared with drinking/cooking water in the event of a hurricane (I live in S.Florida).
I feel better, have better peace of mind and I drink more water. Thanks Berkey!
Berkey is the best
Posted by Unknown on
We love this size Berkey. Perfect for most small households for a constant supply of great tasting water. LOVE MY BERKEY
Posted by Don on
Sales reps were extremely helpful. My Berkey was shipped on time and arrived just as I had ordered it. It has performed flawlessly ever since.
Critical for health
Posted by Melissa Whitaker on
I bought my Berkey about 4 years ago and I'm so glad I did. Our tap water smells like a chemical-ridden swimming pool when we add it in the top. However, once it runs through the Berkey, the water tastes so good that my husband now drinks water regularly, which is something he would never do before. We use Berkey water for everything - cooking, rinsing vegetables, watering pets & plants. I added the fluoride/arsenic elements as well. Wonderful product, thank you!
Glad to have bought a Berkey!
Posted by Unknown on
I was looking forward to owning a Berkey as two of my friends have one and the water tastes great! My husband drinks more water now! And so do my kids.
Clean ,fresh, chemical free water. ..No more plastic bottles!
Posted by Shaughn Niland on
I love my new Berkie! No more buying and hauling plastic water bottles; which, by the way contain BPA
I had an old plant stand i wasn't using and i repurposed it and it is a perfect stand for my Berkie so out doesn't take up counter space! I wish i could add a picture! I even put ice in the top to have chilled clean water!
Posted by Hugh Grady on
The system was shipped complete and on time. It functions as
advertised maybe better. The taste of the end product is the best
I have encountered. Filter time more than adequate. The spigot
could be of higher quality