- This Royal Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Royal Berkey® System is ideal for use at home with medium-sized families, travel, outdoor activities, or during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 15.25" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 2 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 23"
- Diameter: 9.5"
- Weight: 8 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 2-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 100-200 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Royal Berkey® System can purify up to 4 gallons (15.1 liters) per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Royal Berkey® System can purify up to 7 gallons ( 26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Elements can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Purchased Big Berkey Nov. 2013
Posted by J Glynn on
We are very satisfied with the top quality of the Stainless Steel Royal Berkey (performance & quality of water) as well as with their Customer Care. We only purchase directly from the New Millennium manufacture, shopper be ware of other sites. Instructions & set up require a bit of learning but New Millennium Concepts customer care has been most helpful & has various instructions available to print out from their website. Cleaning stainless steel containers, monthly, is a must. We like the fact we can scrub the black filters, which prolongs the use. Highly recommend this product.
Posted by Robin H on
Fresh tasting water with minimal effort .
The Royal Berkey was easy to assemble.
Be careful not to overflow. You'll get the hang of it if you've let it overflow even once.
I keep my spigot over the sink and am purchasing a stand and glass water level indicator. All of my family is drinking more water. Thank you Berkey!
Posted by Bill on
Easy to assemble, attractive, cost-effective. Our water has never tasted so good!!!