*Royal Berkey® System (3.25 gal)
- This Royal Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Royal Berkey® System is ideal for use at home with medium-sized families, travel, outdoor activities, or during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 15.25" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 2 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 23"
- Diameter: 9.5"
- Weight: 8 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 2-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 100-200 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Royal Berkey® System can purify up to 4 gallons (15.1 liters) per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Royal Berkey® System can purify up to 7 gallons ( 26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Elements can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Just Awesome !
Posted by James Oliver on
What a wonderful way to start and continue each day with not 1 taken for granted because your water is always the Best ! The tastiest coffee and tea ! Less salt in the soup ! Less sugar or honey to cover the taste ! And the perfect size for folks whose kids are gone and yet still come by for visits ! No one gets left out !
Unbelievable product value and filter lifespan
Posted by Jody on
I confess I didn't do TOO much research on Berkey before purchasing; I was looking for a replacement for our Brita system and a friend had done some exhaustive research and recommended Berkey. Imagine my surprise when the package showed up, I read the fine print, and realized I'd purchased water filters that I expect to last my husband and I ELEVEN YEARS at our current rate of usage. I wish I had bought one years ago. The water tastes amazing, the filtering is actually meaningful and not just cosmetic, and the setup was a breeze thanks to the brand's videos on YouTube. Everyone should have one. And for what it's worth, it also looks gorgeous in my farmhouse-style kitchen. Thanks so much!! I'll be buying a smaller size for travel. Oh and for what it's worth, we opted to get one size larger than what was recommended for our family size, since we do a lot of cooking and canning and many times need many quarts of water at once. In retrospect, we probably didn't need to size up after all, so I'd say that you can trust the recommendations on this site as far as size goes.
Posted by ashleyjo1983 on
It was a bit of a process to get everything connected and get it all ready for drinking but omg it makes the water taste so clean! It is wonderful! There is simply not a more affordable alternative that takes out ALL the junk from polluted city water. We are impressed with the Royal Burkey. I would NOT go smaller for two people. It’s perfect!
Water Tastes Clean
Posted by Alex on
We recently moved into a house on well water that smells VERY strongly of hydrogen sulfide (sulfur), which as I understand it is relatively safe but to me completely unpalatable. After a lot of research I settled on a Berkey, even calling the companies that do their testing to make sure they were real tests. I haven't tested the filtered/purified water since our well water was tested to be safe from bacteria but I can say it takes out the sulfur smell and taste.
The frustrating part: it clogged within three weeks. I performed a red dye test and it passed, and was helpful because it showed me one of the white plugs was leaking. But after 2 1/2 weeks of probably 5 gallons per day it slowed to an occasional drip when it got down to about a gallon in the upper chamber. I removed the filters and scrubbed them down with a non-abrasive scotchbrite pad. That sped it up a bit, but it's still very slow. I assume I need to scrub a little more. I'm planning on getting a pre-filter of some sort since I found a coating of sediment in the upper chamber. I have to pull my water from before the water softener (I believe according to Berkey softened water going through the black elements voids their warranty) so it has no filter from the well. I had to do it a second time about 2 weeks later, too.
Otherwise, I would recommend it- with the caveat that it could be doing nothing other than changing the taste (and the taste is very good). But at some point I decided to trust the posted tests and various YouTube reviews.
Both of the black elements came with small chips (maybe 1/4" by 1/8" off the top edge of element) that I figured didn't matter, but it did annoy me.
I highly recommend the sight glass to go along with it.
I fill it to the top every time so I get the most filtering capacity out of as much of the filter as possible. I wish they would make them able to flipped - add a second outlet on top and have a plug for it. Otherwise the bottom half of the filter gets used much more than the top. Oh, well.
Purchased Big Berkey Nov. 2013
Posted by J Glynn on
We are very satisfied with the top quality of the Stainless Steel Royal Berkey (performance & quality of water) as well as with their Customer Care. We only purchase directly from the New Millennium manufacture, shopper be ware of other sites. Instructions & set up require a bit of learning but New Millennium Concepts customer care has been most helpful & has various instructions available to print out from their website. Cleaning stainless steel containers, monthly, is a must. We like the fact we can scrub the black filters, which prolongs the use. Highly recommend this product.
Posted by Robin H on
Fresh tasting water with minimal effort .
The Royal Berkey was easy to assemble.
Be careful not to overflow. You'll get the hang of it if you've let it overflow even once.
I keep my spigot over the sink and am purchasing a stand and glass water level indicator. All of my family is drinking more water. Thank you Berkey!
Posted by Bill on
Easy to assemble, attractive, cost-effective. Our water has never tasted so good!!!