*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA
- The compact Travel Berkey® System is the perfect system for small homes and apartments, travel (fits in most suitcases), outdoor activities or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 1.5 gallons
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 12" in height
- Maximum fliters: 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 18"
- Diameter: 7.5"
- Weight: 6.13 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-3 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 33-66 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Travel Berkey® System can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to two Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elemnts may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
TRUSTWORTHY and SAFE
Posted by Bevely Fox on
very convenient and TRUST the water is SAFE to drink with the proper filters. Thank you.
Posted by Kiai on
For my small kitchen, I wanted a small system that could remove fluoride and not require plumbing work. The Travel Berkey fits on my counter under the wall cabinets (though had to remove the knob to fit). I can fill it with a pull out faucet. The black filter needed a pass of water after priming to remove particles from production. But after about a half gallon, the water was free from chlorine and industrial dust and tasted great. Not sure if minerals from city's reservoir are still in the water, but still tastes great.
To prime the filters, I used a high-pressure squirt gun.
You can't afford NOT to get a Berkley!
Posted by Jan Price on
For your health, for your convenience, for your pleasure, get a Berkey. I live alone and purchased the Travel Berkey. 5 Star company and 5 star product.
Posted by Deanna Loomis on
The only thing that I see that could be improved with the Berkeys is that the instructions seem very unclear. It might be worth having them redone in order that the purchaser is not left with a "what in the world?" kind of impression, which results in needing to look up on Youtube how to install it. Especially unclear seems to be the description on how to prime the filters.
Thank you for requesting my review!
NMCL Reply: Thank you so much for your suggestion. We're working on this!
Posted by Anne on
Great product, easy setup, and the water everyone should be drinking - not reverse osmosis.
BERKEY IS A GREATT PRODUCT
Posted by Unknown on
With Berkey I can taste water without chemicals
Easy to use
Posted by Chris V on
This unit was easy to set up and keep clean. It is great that the kids can keep it filled so they use more of the good clean water. Size is easy to move around on the counter too.
Posted by Matt on
Great modern look and not too big. Water tastes GREAT